Fresno Unified Retirees Association (FURA)
Newsletter, January 2019
Mark your calendars:
FURA Annual Meeting May 9th, 2019 10 am – 12 noon
Retired Teachers Memorial Building 3930 E. Saginaw Way, Fresno CA (Dakota & Millbrook)
Tentative Agenda Items:
- Joanna Smith, Healthcare Liaison Inc.
- Delta Insurance representative.
- Fresno Unified School District Benefits Office representative.
- Retiree Benefits Associates, LLC – VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- IRMAA changes 2019 and the Affordable Care Act on Medicare.
- Cancer treatment updates.
- Medicare updates.
- Audiologist to talk about new types of hearing aids.
If you need a lift to the meeting, make arrangements early with a friend or relative. Carpooling is great, giving additional time to visit and have an adventure.
VSP is offered by FURA and administered by Retiree Benefits Associates, LLC. Remember, as VSP members you may receive an annual check-up and eyeglasses each year. Walter Franzell will be at the annual meeting and have material available. Before then, visit vsp.com, call VSP at 800-877-7195, or call Walter 559-298-4606. FURA first started offering this plan 12/1/2011.
Be sure to visit FURA’s website for updated information, fura-fusd.org. If you have an email address, be sure to subscribe on our site to receive future correspondence. Check often, updates will occur.