The 2015 Newsletter can be viewed by downloading the following pdf: FURA Newsletter April 2015
FURA is Fresno Unified Retirees Association
Chairman’s Message for 2015 Annual Meeting, 3930 E. Saginaw Way, 10:01 am- 12:01 pm
FURA’S ANNUAL MEETING Solutions: We Bring them To You!
Delta Healthcare, Envision Rx Plus, FUSD’s
+Your Homework: Got a problem or compliment? Bring it!!! Expect a freebie!
1. Delta Health Care – Francine Hanley + Q&A
2. Envision Rx Plus – Q&A
3. Joanna Smith, our FURA Healthcare Advisor LCSW, CHA, &. UC Berkley Extension
Joanna’s topics include: BIG ISSUES FOR US ALL
+Medicare & FURA members,
+ ACA (“Obamacare”) & FURA members,
+Advance Healthcare Directives + FURA buys a Free Copy for the first 200 attendees.
+Two PROBLEM cases, HOW THEY GOT FIXED, AND BENEFIT US ALL.
4. S.A.F.E.- Senior Awareness fall & education, CSUF.••Stand up if you’ve fallen down. (I will stand twice. Barbara will stand twice. Have you been hurt in a fall???? We were hurt and had surgery.)
5. Your Board activities for 2014-2015 & business. Letter to FUSD, court case documents…•
Wednesday MAY 20, 2015–Retired Teacher’s Bldg. 3930 E. Saginaw Way
Letter Sent to FUSD et. al
FURA FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR FUSD, SEIG, CSEA, & BUILDING TRADES
There have been several leadership changes in FUSD. FURA, SEIU, CSEA. AND THE TRADES UNIONS. Hence, the FURA BOARD thinks a refresher/ reminder of Judge Franson’s judgment would be appropriate for all involved.
All retirees prior to September 1,2006, are members of the FURA Class in the Judgment. FURA ‘s members’ prepaid. vested health care is governed by this judgment and the contracts involved.
FURA endeavors to educate and protect its members’ health care and its implementation. We convened our annual membership meeting andinvited all the FUSD providers to address and do Q & A with the membership. Unfortunately, the providers did not participate in this meeting;however, FURA was assured that FUSD and its health care providers would hold meetings for all retirees in the next three to four months.
Naturally, as we age, divining the meaning of contracts and their procedures becomes more difficult for some of us;therefore we ask for a designated person to help the folks. Similarly, we hope that membership requirements be tailored to that understanding -mentioned extensively in the letter from Bezemek law.(attached)
KindRegards,The FURA BOARD Of DIRECTORS and Members
ATTACHED IS A JUDGMENT COPY – YELLOW, LETTER FROM BEZEMEKLAW
- T.THOMAS, CHAIR
- YOLANDA MORENO VICE CHAIR
- LAVERNE SMITH, RECORDUNG SECRETARY
- CATHY FRANZELL NEWS SECRETARY
- B.THOMAS, TREASURER
- V.OAXLEY, ASSIST. TREASURER
MEMBERS AT LARGE
- DEAN CLARK
- DAREL MEHRTEN
- MOSITA MOLLISON
- ROBERT BEZEMEK
- DAVID CONWAY
- JOANNA SMITH LCSW, MPH. H/L,UNC.
VSP MANAGER & NEWSLETTER.
- FLO & STEVEN DEAK
- M. HOMOLA
- C. SARKISIAN-BONARD
Fresno Unified Retirees’ Association
S.A.F.E. BALANCE SCREENINGS FOR OLDER ADULTS
FEBRUARY 7.2015 iFURA WEBMASTER ILEAVE A COMMENT
Provided by the: SAFE – Central Valley Coalition
A Consortium with Fresno State
Are you over 55? Do you have concerns about your balance or a fear of falling?
A quick synopsis of what is offered includes:
• Group Class: courses designed to increase and improve your balance and strength, reduce your risk of falls, and increase your confidence.
• Home Exercise Program: individualized home exercise programs.
• Community Classes: Various senior sites in the surrounding areas are currently offering community group balance classes.
• Fresno State Community Health Nursing: nursing students will contact older adults to perform individualized home safety checks in their residences.
• Gait, Balance and Mobility Center; an 8 week program overseen by core-faculty members from the Physical Therapy Department and clinicians from the community.
Handouts detailing more information will be provided at the FURA Annual Meeting May 20th.
P.O. BOX 1717
Clovis, CA 93613
Thank You retirees for donations to support FURA this past year.
-+-+-+JOIN your friends and other “FURAites“…
2015 Annual Meeting, 10:01am- 12:01pm
May 20, 2015, Retired Teacher’s Bldg.,
If you need vision insurance, FURA offers VSP to all retirees. For information: www.fura-fusd.org or call Walter Franzel!