OUR HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN INFO WAS HACKED
→80 Million Anthem Blue Cross accounts were hacked – names, DOB, SS Numbers, email addresses, member ID numbers, etc
→See Fresno Bee, 2-6-15 front page; Page two has possible actions you can take.
*Update – here are links to the Fresno Bee Articles about the hack:
→BUT, OUR FURA HEALTH CARE CONSULTANT SAYS:
- Sit tight; Anthem is legally required to contract you in the mail, IF YOU WERE HACKED, then act according to Anthem’s advice. When will you be advised,…?
- If you want to act now, take the suggestions on Page 2, Fresno Bee, 2-6-15.
- Do not call Anthem—not now anyway.
- Be vigilant re. your CREDIT CARD statements. Check even the smallest charges, as the bad guys charge small amounts to see if you’re are paying attention.
- Phishing: GET DEFENSIVE — do not open any UNKNOWN EMAIL ATTACHMENTS. Do not respond to requests for personal info—even if the sender looks real. Call the sender and verify before answering by email.
- ATTEND THE FURA ANNUAL MEETING ON 5-20-15 FOR AN UPDATE FROM THE DELTA/ANTHEM BLUE CROSS REPRESENTATIVE.(AND MUCH MORE)